Here we go.

24 September 2008

WARNING: Someone's feelin feisty!

I'm feelin' rude & crude today.  I'm no wordsmith, obviously, so I hope my post doesn't come across as immature & thoughtless.

1.  RE: the economy, who really understands what is going on?  Do I need to panic or what?  Do I need to get my money out of the bank, bury it in the back yard?  Do I need to stock up on beans & rice?  Who can explain the impact that may or may not happen to me and mines.  If I need to go without, well, I am used to that!  Despite the whirlwind madness, I'm real calm about it.  Someone email or text me when I need to er... do something about it.

2.  Calling a spade a spade.  When is being polite uncalled for?  Maybe it's my mood, I woke up looking to pick a fight, but, from now on, if someone is racist (even a little)  in my presence, I'm gonna call them out!  Same goes with the rest of the lot, you know, sexism, homophobia, et al.  I'm so sick of being polite when it comes to those things.  I work with a lady, oh man, she says offensive things 1,000 times a day.  And we let them slide, she's a "sign of HER time" we always say.  But, some days, I think she knows exactly what she's saying and she needs to be called out.  I won't be cruel about it, but a little education wouldn't kill her.  She needs to know better.  AND I don't want my silence to ever confuse someone, I don't want people to ever think that I'm o.k. with that stuff.  I just want people to absolutely know where I stand -- I'm a card-carrying pinko commie tree-hugging P.C. freak, o.k.?!  One who is taking kickboxing, mind you.  

Also, no more getting bullied by Republicants!

A side:  I haven't smoked cigarettes for two days.  I'm trying not to make ado about it, but TWO DAYS!  It wasn't hard.

3 comments:

Alannah said...

Fuck yeah!! You tell 'em.

Unknown said...

frank, i was on and off smoking for years and at the beg. of august i just said, "yeah, i'm done." which would normally send me into some kind of panic. but it was casual and really easy for some reason. i'm trying to let go of all negative and un-empowering things. i'm proud of you.

AMD & KMHD said...

Wellllllll, since I've written that, I've had a puff here and there. But, really, it's becoming a non-issue -- I think quitting won't be a problem when the time comes, Nov. 1. I feel like I can't quit quit before then because I have it in my mind that I'm quitting that day. Wish me luck!

Blog Archive